Get Your Home Ready For Storm Season. Storm season is around the corner, so making your home storm safe should be a high priority. Thunderstorms, hail, floods and damaging winds cause major damage every year so start spending some time getting your home fully prepared.
Things to do include:
- Cleaning out drains, gutters and downpipes. If water backs up, it can enter your home in a number of ways and cause major damage from your roof top to your interior walls and floors.
- Prune overhanging tree branches that could be dislodged during a storm, particularly near your home and vehicles.
- Get your roof flood checked NOW so that if there are any leaks, you can attend to them before you experience the major flooding when a real storm hits. Here at Apex Waterproofing, we do offer free flood checks.
- Roof tiles. Loose roof tiles are blown off roof tops causing water to enter the open roof and leaving a trail of damage to windows, cars and causing injury to people standing outside. To prevent this, call us to assess your roof tiles free of charge.
- Check your window sills. Window sills are often not considered when a leak occurs but this is a big mistake. Ensure your window sill seals and joints are not damaged or loose.